ISERIES TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Are you a self-starter and naturally a good problem solver? Do you know there is only one right answer? Are you a process oriented individual who excels at improving upon previously established norms? Do you have an innate sense of urgency and consistently beat deadlines?
If you are an approachable, well spoken individual capable of effective communication and detailed discussions with all levels of IT personnel from administrators to management, then take the first step towards success with Clear Technologies by completing our short survey at the link below:
The primary purpose of this position is to design and implement iSeries solutions for our current and new customers. This position requires providing pre-sales, implementation, and consulting support for a variety for our iSeries customers including technical design and implementation skills for both hardware and software.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform enterprise customer assessments including current assessment and future recommendations
- Must have hands on implementation experience with a iSeries LPAR environments including familiarity with:
- VIOS Implementation
- External Storage solution design and implementation
- In conjunction with the Sales team, take an iSeries opportunity through the complete lifecycle of solution architecting, system configuration, implementation and on-going support.
- Bring current knowledge and future vision of IBM Power solutions to sales and technical teams to maintain the company’s competitive position
- Write statements of work for implementation and ongoing management of IBM Power solutions sold by Clear technologies.
- Assist with proposals, presentations and responses to client requests
- Build strong technical relationships with clients, IBM Power CTSs and coworkers
- Escalating to Vendor Support and project managing critical issues
- Drive automation and efficiency in clients’ environments
- Be an active user of Clear Technologies’ storage reporting and analytics service, Visual Storage Intelligence, for assisting you in all storage analysis opportunities as well as participate in implementation and recommendation of VSI to all storage customers.
- At least five (5) years of experience developing and implementing iSeries solutions
- At least two (2) years of experience analyzing complex infrastructure environments and making recommendations to meet business requirements
- Demonstrated ability to structure, organize and storage projects
- Demonstrated communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and ability to delegate when appropriate
- Experience with mission critical systems in multi-site environments
- IBM Power System Technical certifications for sales and implementation
ISeries includes IBMi, Power Systems and PowerVM including VIOS